Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player 10 Hijacked

• Please log in to reply

matt330

matt330

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi;

My Windows Media Player 10 doesn't work properly. It appears to be fine, but it doesn't download some wmv files from pages.

Also I'm using Konfabulator Widgets from Yahoo, and all the WMP 10 based radios stop working.

I tried to uninstall WMP 10, but it re installs itself again with the corrupted files.
I also tried to delete the WMP folder, but it will not allow me, the message appears "Can't delete this folder as other program or user are using it".; when all the programs are off. So I suspected some "hidden" user is in my PC.

I also tried to deleted all the files insede the WMP folder, but as soon as I delete them, they magically appear again in the folder, one by one like a phantom.

On the Process Manager from my XP Manager program, there are two lines suspicious:

\??\c:\windows\system32\csrss.exe
\??\c:\windows\system32\winlogon.exe

Both files have different size than the original ones on the system32 folder.

No antivirus or spyware remover identifies the problem.

I would appreciate all your help.

Thanks so much.

Advertisements