Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MYDVD.MSI

• Please log in to reply

debbie69

debbie69

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
MY COMPUTER SORT OF CRASHED WE GOT A BLANK SCREEN WITH WHITE WRITING WE PRESSED SYSTEM RECOVERY AND GOT EVERYTHING BACK AND WORKING EXCEPT OUR SONIC (WHICH CAME WITH OUR COMPUTER) NOW IT TRYS TO REINSTALL BUT KEEPS COMING UP WITH MYDVD.MSI FILE MISSING COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have got local disc D as a recovery partition

When it asks to install, can you click browse then set it to look from D / MySonic

debbie69

debbie69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
we tried to do that with our recovery disc but it keeps coming up with invalid file name

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You haven't got local disc D when you click start then my computer?

debbie69

debbie69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
we got into the partition but the window wont enlarge for us to read the whole page and it has a padlock on it

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
No need to access the partition, when you get the installer, does it ask for a location, if so, set it to look in the partiton / my sonic folder

The other thing would be to contact mysonic and explain what happened, their files are downloadable so you would just need the product key

debbie69

debbie69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
thank you for that i think that we will just contact sonic
thanx again for your help :whistling:

SmilinJimGent

SmilinJimGent

• Pip
  • 1 posts
missing mydvd.msi in c:\hp\tmp\src
Same problem.. found I had deleted some .wav files from the sonic folders. I restored them from the recycled bin and now sonic thinks is fully installed.. no longer looks for the .msi file. all is well.