Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Games Discussion

• Please log in to reply

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
This is the games forum so I want to get a little discussion going. Right now I am playing Kingdom Hearts II for the PS2, which is freakin awesome, and I am about to finish it. What other games out there, for the PS2 or XBOX or PC, would satisfy my RPG fix?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I like dungeon siege II, tales forever to play i havent finsihed it yet, played it for ages then i went to something else i might go back actually but its pretty good.

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I was thinking somewhere in the lines of a SquareSoft game, I don't like to call them Enix. But I was also looking at Oblivion, the Xenosaga series, Suikoden V, Neverwinter Nights 2, KOTOR 2, Advent Rising, and a couple of others. Tell me what you think.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Not a fan of that kind of RPG myself so im not much help KOTOR maybe looks ok. Oblivion was allright but i wasnt blown away by it or anything like that looked good and was fun for a couple of weeks but not that great.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I highly, and I mean HIGHLY recommend KOTOR (both of em). They were amazing so you can't go wrong with those. Neverwinter Nights is pretty decent too.

I agree with Warrior on Oblivion, it's fun for a while but can get old quick (I've near abandoned it for San Andreas...which is a RPG in it's own way :whistling:).

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Ok I just finished KH2 this weekend and if you like those kinds of games it is freakin amazing. Now I am looking for another game. I have played both KOTOR's and I enjoyed them both. I played the first Neverwinter Nights and wasn't too impressed. San Andreas was a pretty cool game too but I have some massive ADD so I need a serious plot to keep my attention. That is why i like all of those RPG games with the long and detailed plots. Any recommendations?

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Right now those seem like the best options but I know there are some new ones coming out in the near future. I know Titan's Quest looks like it may be decent, the new Neverwinter Nights looks phenomenal, and there's never any harm going back to classics such as Diablo or Fallout!

Although I'd love to help more, I have noticed that most upcoming games are First-Person Shooters (Crysis, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, Hitman: Blood Money) and RPG's seem to (sadly) be dying off. Our only hope is that BioWare can come out with another spectacular RPG that can enthrall thousands.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Hitman bloodmoney is pretty good its not really First person shooter its third person strangler im almost finished one mission to go i think. And Crysis looks amazing.

Edited by warriorscot, 22 May 2006 - 08:55 AM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
There's loads of FPS type game coming out this year.

Prey, Sin Episodes, HL2: Episode 1, Hellgate London, UT2007, F.E.A.R. Extraction Point, Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Timeshift, STALKER (maybe?) etc etc..

I would say that most of these will be in my games collection before next year!

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I have tried the FPS with like Halo but not really anything on the computer it might be different but I really didn't like it on the Xbox. I might be judging too soon I guess. I heard FEAR was a good one to play. What FPS do you think has the best plot/story to it cause I do like the mindless violence some of the time but I do enjoy a good story because at heart im an RPG nerd.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Clive Barker's Undying has a very good story and because it's Clive Barker it's spooky.
Hellgate London is an FPS with RPG elements in it. It's also being developed by a few ex Blizzard employees (Diablo series).

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Stories in FPS HL series is good for that they really go for the tell a story in the game, FEAR had a reasonable story for a mass killer FPS. Halo really sucks its the best for xbox but on PC it didnt have a chance with all the other much better shooters out before it and after it.

Hitman had a short but allright story to it as well, i was surprised with the twist.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
After reading that short list Zeus listed, of all those Half-Life has by far the best story.
Dark Messiah seems more like an RPG than a FPS so when that comes out, check that. You arent' "shooting" anything, it's more magic and swords (kind of Oblivion-ish in terms of combat).
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has little story :whistling: it's mainly an open ended game that has been delayed who knows how long.

So get excited for Hellgate and Dark Messiah because those are two RPG/FirstPerson games coming out in the near future.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
In Dark Messiah the weapons will be mostly magic based but there will be standard weapons such as swords, staffs, bows and daggers.
It looks really good, I just hope it plays as well as the old Hexen series.

Did anyone see the Hellgate London E3 trailer?

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 24 May 2006 - 08:53 AM.