Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need a new psu / case & psu any recommendments?

• Please log in to reply

Samjula

Samjula

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hi guys, i need to buy a new case and psu for my pc. Intel lga775, asus p5ld2vm, 7800gt graphics card etc.

I dont necessarily need a new case but if its not too expensive to buy a new case with powersupply included then i may do so. I don't want to spend too much but dont want anything cheapy.

Has anyone got any reccomendments or suggestions? Thanks :whistling:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Do yourself a favor and buy a good power supply like a silverstone 500 watt for $100. Anything less and you are taking a chance that there will not be enough continuous power. Most PS's are rated at 70% so a 500 watt will only put out a steady 350 watts. That is not enough for a new computer with a high power video card and fast processor. At least the silverstone is rated at 85%( 425 watts). Heres a good website on PS's.

http://jonnyguru.blogspot.com/

I really like this case so i have ordered one a couple of days ago.

http://www.allstarsh...HVBN4GCWNW7D4B2

Just my 2¢ worth.

SRX660

Samjula

Samjula

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
thanks very much, ill take a look at those websites.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What i think would be the best thing for you is Antec cases they come with good PSUs included alot of the time and have impecable build quality on the cases and PSUs and they are a good price, the sonata IIs are a good price right now and are good cases and the PSU will deliver enough power for most systems easily.

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Best thing to do is shop around. & look at who has the better prices in your area. If you want a good case that will catch your eye, than take your time to find the right one. As for a psu... You can either buy it seperately and have a top notch one... Or buy one that comes with a case. It's all on you at the end of the day... & how much money you want to spend is on you as well...