Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CAN'T ACCESS MY HARDRIVE

• Please log in to reply

kaindude10

kaindude10

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello,

I am having a problem accessing my hardrive. I try to access my music, video, and other applications involved with "my computer". I have no other difficulties navigating through the computer, (no internet difficulties, microsoft office, media player, etc.) I continually receive messages from explorer saying that it cannot open. I have received a message involving Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger. I did apply the advice from Fenton on that specific forum. It did work at first, but i am facing similar problems with the same applications, this time explorer closes but it does not mention anything about Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger. This is the file that comes up in my error report.
C:\Docume~1\Student\Locals~1\Temp\33c6_appcompat.txt
I don't know what to do with this problem, please help.

Thank you

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I'm moving this thread to the XP forum. This section is for Comments and suggestions about the site, NOT for getting help.

A Staff member will help you as soon as they can. :whistling:

kaindude10

kaindude10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey...

I have read a few forums concerning the Dr. Watson Postmortem debugger. I appear to have a very similar problem to the other descriptions. I did read advice about running the "xp start up disc" to repair any problems. My question is, will running the disk remove the current music files that i have stored on my hard drives?. I hate to be so difficult i am just concerned because i use these music files for my career. Please let me know what i can do to save my documents and files, and get rid of this problem. I have run all the specified spyware programs, and i ran hijack this. Here are my results...
I did have a few spyware results from ad-aware, and ewido...they have all been deleted.

EDIT--please do not post hijackthis logs in this forum unless asked

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Right click application and choose CLEAR ALL EVENTS, do not save the log
Right click system and choose CLEAR ALL EVENTS, do not save the log

Reboot. Work with computer until error recurs. reboot

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.

kaindude10

kaindude10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey Gerryf,

Thank you for taking the time to look at my problem. I did as you said and ran eventvwr.msc, the problem did occur after i rebooted. I rebooted again and then checked my applications and systems. I only had one red X in the applications, this is what it said:

error 5/19/2006 7:06:19pm None 1000 Student-EDVVNBA

Thank you

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
double click on that even, hit the copy button, and paste the results here

kaindude10

kaindude10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sorry,

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x0001eb33.

below that is the option to use the windows "help and support center"
http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp

kaindude10

kaindude10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone reading my problem has any advice for what is listed above. Thank you.