Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty Help!

• Please log in to reply

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if your running the latest nvidia drivers (78 or newer) please update your gart driver (controls agp). To do this you will need to know who makes the chipset on your system board (nvidia, ati, via, intel, sis.

Advertisements

stv086

stv086

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
it is a pentuim 4 intel inside... graphics (old ones ) by ATI ... the new drivers are nvidia... any links on the update pls ... thnks for the help!

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Download and run Everest Home Edition > http://www.oldversio...p?n=everesthome
When the Everest windows opens click motherboard, then motherboard again and it will give you details about your motherboard.

Make sure you've uninstalled your old ATI drivers!

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 20 May 2006 - 01:28 PM.

stv086

stv086

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
chipset bus is made by ATI .. im going to update gart drvier any links cause i cant find it anywere ?? tnks

Edited by stv086, 21 May 2006 - 04:16 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
https://a248.e.akama..._gart_25203.exe

try this and see if you can download the gart driver (pulled from ati.com)

stv086

stv086

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
hey again ... i updated the gart drivers still same problem after 5 mins of play the game closes :S :whistling: :blink: :help: :) :) :D :D

stv086

stv086

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
ok, get this guys... i got a new card GeForce FX5200 128mb since i dont have money cause i spent it on the other card... its doing the same thing but after 15 mins! but this time on AOE3 it gives me and error: this is the details from the event viewer >> The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Age of Empires 3 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: age3.exe, 4.105.919.3236, age3.exe, 4.105.919.3236, 000385b0. >> What the... could be wrong ? pls plspls :help:help:help

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you reinstalled aoe 3?

stv086

stv086

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
no i dont have the instalation disk, just the programme to run it.. not the ziped file - no instalation icon - but i reinstalled COD 2 various times

stv086

stv086

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
it was suggested by my lcal retail outlet to install this card 256MB Gainward AGP GeForce 6600 Standard TV/DVI VGA Card - do you think it will work ??

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well cod 2 would certainly be much happier with it.

stv086

stv086

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
ill try that then and get back to u tnks