Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLUE SCREEN

• Please log in to reply

ganster

ganster

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
cannot get past blue screen XP PRO FIRES UP THEN BLUE SCREEN APPEARS
SAYING stop:c0000221{bad image checksum}
the image MRP.DLL is possibly corrupt.the header checksum does not match the computer check sum
i am on my own laptop trying to help them out because i cannot get on theirs because of their as above problem
please help
ganster

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you boot the PC to safe mode?

ganster

ganster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
yes keith i can in safe mode

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is any of this applicable

This problem may occur if the file that is described in the error message is corrupted. The following files are checked for integrity when Microsoft Windows XP starts: • All driver files (except those that are loaded by the system loader to start. the computer)
• All dynamic-link libraries (DLLs), including User, Graphics Device Interface (GDI), Shell, Kernel, Ntdll, Crtdll, and others.
This problem may occur if you install an inappropriate driver for your hardware. For example, you receive one of the error messages that are described in the "Summary" section if you install a millions of instructions per second (MIPS) driver on an X86-based computer.

This problem may occur if an Iomega Zip drive is on the same integrated device electronics (IDE) cable as the hard disk drive.

The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.

ganster

ganster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
i dont no but may be i am asking because it is a favour for my nephew to try and repair it
does it mean that i have to formatt

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
More likely a duff driver, when you locate it, you can re-install just that

If you remove the USB leads, excepting the keyboard and mouse, does it load any better

ganster

ganster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
where do we go from here keith

ganster

ganster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
talk mi through it keith please remmember its a laptop nothing connected in usbs

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Start it in safe mode, click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter

After that, start in safe mode, click start then run, type chkdsk /f /r then press enter, type Y top confirm for next boot, press enter then reboot, it should take an hour or so to get to the desktop, do not disturb this

ganster

ganster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
morning keith as i said it allows to go into safe mode does some sort of check then just goes straight back into blue screen not allowing me to do a scan like you suggested
anything else we can do :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Will it run this?

You can use this guide to repair XP

Possibly, you will need to press the start button and keep tapping the delete key until the PC enters set up. Change the boot order to CD ROM Drive then hard drive, press F10 then press enter, load the XP CD then type Y then press enter, as it reboots, look for press any key to load from CD, press enter

You will need the XP product key to complete this

If you have audio / video files which are subject to DRM you should check with the provider for known issues with performing an XP repair install

XP Repair Install

Windows XP repair feature won't delete your data, installed programs, personal information, or settings. It just repairs the operating system

After running XP Repair you will need to install all Windows Updates

Microsoft Update