Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

geforce4 graphic driver

• Please log in to reply

sharar02

sharar02

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I have done a clean install of win xp pro version 2002 have geforce 4 graphic card installed, but when
i look in device manager to reinstall it, no driver went to nvidia driver downloads and I am at a loss, dont know which one to choose as geforce4 is not a option, even in the archives, does anyone know where i can download one. Thanks :whistling:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Go ahead and download the latest Forceware 84.21 drivers. Nvidia has unified drivers which means One driver is used for all the video cards. Heres the geforce 4 cards supported with this driver.

GeForce4 MX 420
GeForce4 MX 440
GeForce4 MX 440-SE
GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
GeForce4 MX440SE with AGP8X
GeForce4 MX 460
GeForce4 MX Integrated graphics
GeForce4 MX 4000
GeForce4 Ti 4200
GeForce4 TI 4200 with AGP8X
GeForce4 Ti 4400
GeForce4 Ti 4600
GeForce4 Ti 4800
GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE

Nvidia also has earlier drivers available for win 95,98, and ME. On one windows 98 computer with a Geforce4-440 SE card i had to go back to the 61.76 drivers to fix a problem that newer drivers could not fix. The 61.76 drivers seemed to work the best.

http://www.nvidia.co...9x_archive.html

SRX660

sharar02

sharar02

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
thanks SRX660 i downloaded the first graphic driver i found, and my windows went down I am downloading version 84.21 now so hope that works thanks again for your help CHEERS!

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You do have to be careful with nvidia drivers. You cannot load newer drivers while the old drivers are still on the computer. Most of the time this causes windows to go into a boot-reboot that won't stop. Uninstall the old drivers in Add/Remove Programs before installing the new drivers.

SRX660

sharar02

sharar02

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
thaks again removed all old drivers before I downloaded the new ones
thanks