Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Urgent SIMPLE! networking problem

• Please log in to reply

tranzic

tranzic

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi

I have had a quick scoot about but can't find anything that directly solves my issue so i hope someone can help?

I have two machines, both running XP Pro SP2. I have them linked via the usual crossover cable and in fact have had no problems file sharing between these machines until I went SP2 and Internet.

Quite simply I can access the slave machine from my host but not the other way around! I can access the broadband connection on both machines.

When I try to access the host from my slave I get a Logon Permissions problem.

Both machines only have myself as user and both are passworded and administrator accounts.

:tazz:

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
make sure no firewall blocking the traffic. this step by step troublehsooting may help, http://www.howtonetw...ccessibale0.htm

tranzic

tranzic

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Excellent and thank you very much.

Discovered it was a Local Security Policy problem.

All resolved (or it seems like it!!!)

Thanks again :tazz:

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Thank you for the update. we nned that.