Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hp 950 series printer and hp pavillion 1510us

• Please log in to reply

Sheila M.

Sheila M.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a new HP Pavillion 1510us laptop and an HP deskjet 952c. I downloaded the driver from the hp website (for operating system xp.) I have tried many different ways to get the printer to work. I have rebooted with the printer plugged in and not plugged in. I've made sure that the new driver is set as the default printer. The items sent to the printer do not print. And when plugged in the system tells me that it does not recognize the USB device.

Do you think it could be as simple as needing a new cable to connect the printer and the laptop?

I am confused. :whistling:

Thanks
Sheila M

Advertisements

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
The USB cable is probably OK because your system is seeing the printer, although an unrecognized one.

Make absolutely sure you downloaded the correct driver: HP Deskjet 952C and that you selected the linke for the correct operating system.

Edited by WinCrazy, 20 May 2006 - 02:55 PM.