Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Movies to DVD w/o a DVDR on the PC

• Please log in to reply

mdog17

mdog17

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi,

I have a few movies on my computer in AVI format that I would like to put on DVDs so I can watch them on my DVD player in my house. Now, I don't have a DVD recorder on my computer, but I do have a DVD standalone recorder in my house.

The only way that I have been able to figure out is to play the movie on the tv via video-out and s-video cables from the PC, and then record the output with the DVD recorder using some more cables. This just seems like such a hassle, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a better way to do it,

Thanks

Mina

Advertisements

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
if you have a cd burner you can actually make a VCD, it is lower quality, but you can do it. Ulead DVD movie factory 2, 3, or 4 can make these.

You could buy a DVD burner, or borrow one from a friend...these isn’t really an easier way apart from that... although can you go from s-video or video out directly to the standalone DVD player, without going through the TV?