Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

having problem viewing my network , from laptop and cant seem to add a

• Please log in to reply

vickrn

vickrn

• Pip
  • 8 posts
hi there, can someone help,
i had problems also with my other laptop thats now down, all i did was enabled printer and folder sharing and install the netbios protocol on both my systems, but when i try to do it on my ibm thinkpad, i doing see any networks in my network places, except for my ibm shared document and vise versa, i dont see any shared folders from my laptop on my wired computer.
Also when i try to add a printer on to my wireless laptop,. i see my workgroup name listed there and underneth that, i see my laptop name there but no printer name. both computer have the same workgroup name
Please someone help, im going crazy!! Thanks, much is appreciated.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.geekstogo...ng-t102163.html read through those tutorials and make sure you've set everything up correctly