Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

having problem viewing my network , from laptop and cant seem to add a

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 8 posts
hi there, can someone help,
i had problems also with my other laptop thats now down, all i did was enabled printer and folder sharing and install the netbios protocol on both my systems, but when i try to do it on my ibm thinkpad, i doing see any networks in my network places, except for my ibm shared document and vise versa, i dont see any shared folders from my laptop on my wired computer.
Also when i try to add a printer on to my wireless laptop,. i see my workgroup name listed there and underneth that, i see my laptop name there but no printer name. both computer have the same workgroup name
Please someone help, im going crazy!! Thanks, much is appreciated.

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
http://www.geekstogo...ng-t102163.html read through those tutorials and make sure you've set everything up correctly