Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sof2

• Please log in to reply

pcnoob

pcnoob

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Hi all I play a game called Sof2 Soldier of Fortune 2 Double Helix Gold During the game It freezes and I get erroe report saying SOF2MP.EXE has encounted a problem. This has been going on for some time and Id like to see what you all have to say about it. Ive gone to Actisison and searched SOF2MP.EXE and couldnt find anything. Any Ideas?

I have a Raedon 9800 card

AMD Athlon xp 2000
1.66 GHz
512 RAM

Edited by pcnoob, 23 May 2006 - 09:34 AM.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
SOF2MP.exe is just the game executable. It's not a particular file that's failing, it's the whole program. Try reinstalling the game and updating your graphics cards drivers and report back.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Have you installed the latest patch?
What does the error log in the application log say?

pcnoob

pcnoob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Hi and ty for the replys, I do have the latest patch and pn is updated, I dont know how to update my card, Ill reinstall game and see it if that helps.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
You can update your graphics card drivers from the Ati website.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
This is the link for ATI Drivers:
https://support.ati....ge&folderID=293

Just choose which kind of card you have, and the rest is pretty self explanitory. Just download the latest one (which is Catalyst).

Edited by BlackPandemic, 24 May 2006 - 08:19 AM.

j4m3s

j4m3s

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I Read into it... it could be 1 of the folowing problems

1. If you play a mod called Roc Mod it could be 1 of the following.

Pressing tab to many times actually cause the game to freeze, not long after that you get that error. It some makes you a cfg, it 1, has to match the original cfg you had exactly, then have your changes you made.

I know people do alot of config swaping and customising. If some1 that has sof2 Double helix with just a patch over the top for gold makes you a config and you have the new sof2 disk installed it cause that error also.

Getting unarmed for camping on inactivity, if you then run over a gun and scroll up or down you get that error.

Finaly, getting unarmed when zooming with a scope will cause that problem.

The only other problems there are are with dogey .pk3's.
You should never have to reinstall your game unless you delte afile from the main directory.

The main time you know you need to reinstall is when you get this message

"Could not load sof2mp_default.cfg"
Delete all of your files related to the game, dont keep maps or mods, remove them all, then unistall game and remove from you "add remove programs list".

If that doesnt work, which believe me it's not worked for alot of people. you need new disks. thats what helped every1 i know. i Sent them an iso file so they could install it as long as the owned the cd and key themselves.

If there are any more question regarding this matter feel free to contact me or post here and i will reply if i can answer, or post a suggestion

Sorry that it is so long