Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PowerBook Mail Password

• Please log in to reply

TJGuitarZ

TJGuitarZ

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hey everyone!

I forgot my password for my Mail. I read 'Help' and it told me that the administrator could do something to fix it. I am the administrator, but I am not sure what, or how I can change my password or fix this problem.

I know that I might lose everything that I have in there already, but I don't have anything in it yet, so I don't care. Someone please help!

Thanks, Gaby

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
Are you talking about the local mail program or from your ISP?

If it is the local program, what program are you using?

TJGuitarZ

TJGuitarZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I am talking about the Apple equivalent to Outlook Express.

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
I am not familiar with that program. Is there a name for it so that I could try to look for a web page?

It should not be too difficult to reset everything, which means losing all the mail, but you said that you did not care about that.

You might try checking:

http://www.microsoft...ac/support.aspx

But it does not seem really useful.

Also look at:

http://www.microsoft...=outlookexpress

FYI: Password issues are a touchy subject due to some people wanting to break into machines, but being willing to reset everything and lose all the data is an easier question to deal with.

Edited by Kemasa, 30 May 2006 - 01:33 PM.

Josiah

Josiah

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
are you using mac's mail app or microsofts entourage

TJGuitarZ

TJGuitarZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
The Mac's mail program. On the bottom panel when you put the mouse over it, it says, "Mail."

Sorry for not being clearer.

Josiah

Josiah

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Did you lose your (pop, .mac, or other type) of mail account password if so you may need to contact your isp or mail provider (if this is your problem tell me what service you use or go to their site and find forgot password) if you set up mail to check for passwords or something like that check out

support.apple.com

or try giving me some more info