Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvr monitor

• Please log in to reply

your mum

your mum

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi
if i have a dvr card running cctv cams into my pc how can i
1. record data to my harddisk 24 hour loop
2. view streaming video from anouther pc via broadband
3. set up a normal tv to the seperate s-video out on my graphics card and have it displaying the cctv image all the time (i will also be running two seperate monitors in clone mode, i do not wish the mouse to move off of this desktop)(at the moment one of my monitors will auto fullscreen display any media playing, i don't know how i did this but this i how i want my cctv, and then i will minimise any program to the tray)
when it arrives my hardware will be
EN6600GT/HTD/256M/A graphics card
and dvr card ebay item 9730584342
if you could help that would be great
also if i reverse the polarity on a pc fan will it spin backwards?
thanks guys

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the dvr card should have software to handle the recording stuff...
as far as the dual monitor display...are you wanting the EXACT same thing on both external monitors? if so you can just get a video cable splitter which will output the same info to the monitors....to get different things on each monitor you'd need to have two hookups for external monitors.. (not hard to get)...then y ou would extend your desktop to those two monitors...open up a screen for the camera and drag it over to the other monitor...then maximize it....the program will show up in the taskbar of the main monitor...but the output will display on the other monitor....if you close the program on the external monitor...next time you open it it will open up on the external monitor again...which is handy...

as far as the fan...yes if y ou reverse the polarity it will spin backwards...or you can flip the fan over...whichever works best

your mum

your mum

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi
thanks for the help
but i think i confused you
monitor 1 1024x768
will run my whole desktop
monitor 2 1024x768
is a clone of monitor 1
i need
monitor 3 (not a monitor a tv low resolution)
running my video from cctv
not part of my desktop purely to show my camera view
thanks if anybody can help

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok...well assuming you have a video card that will allow for you to connect two "monitors"..(probably you vid card has an svideo out and a vga out? maybe?)...you would connect monitor 2 to the vga port...then check with your video card manufacturer about cloning your desktop...some cards have a special function for that...some don't..
monitor 3 (the tv) would be hooked up via svideo...you would set that monitor to "extend my desktop to this monitor" then simply open the dvr software...drag it over to that monitor...and maximize..now once you close that...every time you open the program with that monitor connected it should open up there..make sense?