Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with Physical Memory

• Please log in to reply

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
that's fine, just wanted to make sure you didn't get caught in a jurisdictional dispute :whistling:

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
I'll wait for lbcherokee's reply and if it turns out he has malware on his machine, I'll send him to the malware forum and let one of the experts there help him.

lbcherokee

lbcherokee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
:whistling: Norton Antivirus scanned and came up w/nothing. SpyDoctor scanned and found 128 infections including one called Specifics 911 Hijack. Is this the same Hijack one of your colleagues told me to use a couple of weeks ago? SpyDoctor cleared all the infections. I don't know for sure if I have MSN Plus or not. Frankly, all these security downloads seem to be causing me more problems than I had before I added them. It seems very odd to me that files that are part of MSN operating system can also be trojans.

I think I'll terminate this dialogue. I really don't want to use hijack this log again if it's suspect. I also don't like being in the middle of a feud between two of you. Thx for the help anyway

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Because spyware doctor found infections, I think there might be infections that spyware doctor isn't finding.

Please go HERE , follow the instructions and post a topic in the malware forum and wait for an expert to help you.

Edited by emery, 25 May 2006 - 02:19 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
we're not feuding.....emery is new and we are just making sure we all follow procedure

As it turns out, it is unncessary

hijackthis is 100 percent safe, it simply lets us know what is running in the background. No spyware program is 100 percent effective.