Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spooler SubSystem App error

• Please log in to reply

vvkeller

vvkeller

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Toshiba laptop and running Win XP. I have a Lexmark Z45 printer attached by usb. Everything was going fine until last week. I networked this laptop using the win xp setup for networks. Since then, I cannot print, nor add a printer. The errors keep saying that the spooler is not running. I go into services and start it and as soon as I close the window I receive the error that it has stopped. The exact error is Spooler SubSystem App has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have surfed the web for over 3 hours searching for answers. I went to Microsoft and performed there fix. It did not work. This is under Article Q324757. Can anyone help me. THANKS

Advertisements

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
I had the exact same problem several weeks ago. I had to edit the registry to fix it. I'll have to see if I can find the instructions again.....

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
Here's what I used to fix my problem:

http://members.shaw....nterDrivers.htm

I was trying to install a Linksys wireless router and it was a total disaster. Took me all day to install the old router and get my printer working. The only difference is that I'm using a Brother printer. You have to do some extra steps because you have a Lexmark.

vvkeller

vvkeller

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, Thanks alot. I had already done everything down to step 15. When I did the sc config spooler, I was able to add my printer back. I was about ready to fdisk and reload everything. vvkeller