Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Normanantivirus and *.logs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

JTB

JTB

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My XP machine no longer can access the internet. I followed the thread to Normanantivus and removed it from the Windows/System32 directory after rebooting in safe mode, but the machine still is internet-blocked. Can you help?
JTb :tazz:

Advertisements

OldTimer

OldTimer

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 3,273 posts
Hi JTB and welcome to the GTG forums. I apologize for not getting to you sooner but we are all volunteers here and we have been very busy.

To assist you we will need a HijackThis log file from the problem machine. Can you download HijackThis to a different machine and then put it on a disk to install on the problem computer? Then you will need to run HijackThis on the problem machine and create a log file. Put the log file on a disk and bring it to a machine that has internet access and post it here.

If you do not have a copy of HijackThis or do not have the latest version (1.99.1) then download it from here: HijackThis_sfx.exe. Put HijackThis on a floppy disk and bring it to the problem computer. Double-click on the file you just downloaded and click on the UnZip button to install the program.

Start HijackThis and click the Do a system scan and save a log button to perform a scan and create a log file. When the scan is complete, Notepad will open up with the log file in it. Save the file to a floppy disk as HijackThis.log.

Now bring the floppy disk to a computer that has internet access. Open the log file in Notepad and press Ctrl-A to select all text and then Ctrl-C to copy the text to the clipboard. POST the log in this thread using the Add Reply button. Click in the data-entry window and press Ctrl-V to paste the log into the window. Add any other comments which you believe might be helpful in our analysis. and click the Add Reply button.

I will review your log as quickly as I can.

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS SOME OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTER

OT

OldTimer

OldTimer

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 3,273 posts
This topic is closed. Requestor emailed me to say his son just reformatted/reinstalled.

OT