Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i Cant Log into Anything: Yahoo or Gmail....Please help!

• Please log in to reply

opaque

opaque

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey, people....I hope you guys can help me out here
I cant log into anything at all. I mean i can acess the internet but i cant log into my Yahoo mail or Gmail and im sure its not a password issue because they work perfectly fine on my brothers laptop. I get the feeling it has something to do with my firewall i've even tried disabling it and it didnt work. Please someone help....i would greatly appreciate it. Thanx in advance!!!

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there opaque, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

Try cleaning out your cache and what browser are you using?

Cool :whistling:

opaque

opaque

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanx for replying spike_hacker_inc i use Firefox mostly or other wise explorer....i tried cleaning the cache stll no change...

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there again opaque, sorry for the late reply.

Try using internet explorer to login. This can determine if there is a problem with your browser or if there are other programs conflicting with your login attemps.

Cool :whistling:

opaque

opaque

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey thanx again spike_hacker_inc, your reply was much appreciated. I sort of did some research on my problem and i couldnt find out exactly what the problem was i personally still suspect it was an undetected trojan or virus. However, as a last resort i performed a PC recovery (i didnt lose any data on my computer) and that solved the problem. Anyways spike_hacker_inc thanx again......

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey again opaque, no problem. If you still suspect a trojan or virus please follow the steps below, doing a PC recovery cannot get rid of a trojan or virus and the malware may still be present.

So please read this: Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log (Click on the link)

That will give you steps that will help you clean up 70% of the problems yourself. Then please download "Hijackthis" and run Hijackthis with log. Save the log file here: Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here

When you have followed all these steps. A Geeks To Go Staff Member will help you fix your problem.

(Note: Please be patient, the "Malware Forum" is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual.)

Thank you and goodluck. :whistling: