Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speed Up Computer

• Please log in to reply

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Choosing an antivirus is partly a matter of personal taste. If you like Avast - keep it. The reason I suggested uninstalling the antivirus is that quite often they are a source for many problems, slowdowns being one. I still recommend that you try to uninstall it but this, of course, is your choice.

Advertisements

o2mcgovem

o2mcgovem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
I wasn't having a go or anything. I just read what I wrote last post and it sounds like I'm trying to argue with you... I'm not, I wouldn't because it wouldn't be right since you're helping me for free (which isn't the point, I wouldn't do it if I was paying you either- it's not polite).

I disabled avast! and it still ran the same. I think that I might reinstall Windows. Little things have started to mess up, like My Pictures doesn't have Picture Tasks in the sidebar, and My Documents does have Picture Tasks (I tried changing it by clicking Properties but the Customise tab isn't there). Also, the My Videos folder... um, isn't a system folder anymore. Have I got that right? I mean that when new accounts are set-up, it's not in My Documents and it has options that My Music and My Pictures.

Michael.

Btw, are you really from Galilee?

Edited by o2mcgovem, 02 June 2006 - 02:05 PM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Hi Michael.

Yes, I am from the galilee. It didn't even cross my mind that there is any argument between us. No problem whatsoever.

Kind Regards

Ami Yogev

o2mcgovem

o2mcgovem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
Hi Ami Yogev,

Okay, cool... glad you didn't take it the wrong way.

Lol, I thought Galilee no longer existed (sorry!). Jesus was from around there I think, or he visited there (if you're not religious, or aren't Christian [or Muslim, I think they believe Jesus was a prophet, but Muhammed -pbuh- is the true messenger of G/d.] then sorry).

Explains why I didn't choose to do Geography... lol, history's way better anyway. I asked because your English is very good, and I thought you might secretly be English, or American, and posing to be from Galilee for some reason I couldn't quite figure out. (It could happen... it'd be pretty weird though.)

Best Wishes,
Michael

Edited by o2mcgovem, 02 June 2006 - 06:43 PM.