Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CoD2 + Punkbuster Problem (Cvar fx)

• Please log in to reply

Rude

Rude

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Whenever I start playing CoD2 I see this.

Cvar fx_sort (=0) Must be equal to 1.

Then I get kicked by punkbuster.

Please help!

~Chris

Advertisements

Rude

Rude

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I wrote a ticket to PunkBuster support and they helped me with the issue.

This thread can be locked and/or deleted.

Thanks

~Chris

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Setting fx_sort 1 makes your smoke very thin and easy to see through. It's not hard to change & is a huge advantage.

Sorry if someone has to set their texture settings to low, but they will need to set sort back to 1 before playing here. This is a huge advantage for someone running a fairly decent "rig" with this set to 1.

pb_sv_cvar fx_sort IN 0 1
(This has to be IN 0 1, because if you set everything to low quality and dx7 in the game options, this will be set to 0 automatically for you)

What happens to people who are ligit and not sure about fx_sort 0/1 is you just turned down everything on low and in dx7 mode in your ingame menu and fx_sort will be 0.

So it's a weird one to call, who are the real players with dx7 on low with a old puter and who is trying to cheat the system.............

With that said I will have to assume with technology and computers in this day and age playing CoD 2 you have to have a decent system so FX_SORT will not be 1 on our server.

(pulled this from my clans cod2 support forum)

fx_sort 1 is illegal in most leagues, including TWL and CAL

(pulled from my clans cod2 support forum)

IAIN -Y-

IAIN -Y-

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
when in game type

/fx_sort 1

this should work, it hapopens to me