Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't connect.

• Please log in to reply

Izuma

Izuma

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well, I don't have much info on this, but when I try to log into games it wont work.
I don't think it is my firewall, cause i've not been near it at all.

I can connect to MSN, and other places in my brower, but not online browser based games.

I tried to log into Byond games, but it didn't work and I was thinkin' : I guess it's a bug.
Then, I tried to log into steam and it didn't work.

I finally understood that it was somethin' wrong when I tried to log into World of Warcraft, but it didn't work.

Some ideas what this could be ?

Thanks in advance :whistling:

Advertisements

startechie

startechie

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Are you on dialup? If so you dont need a firewall, I would disable it. If your on cable or DSL you could probally disable your firewall to see if you can login. I play EQ and my firewall will sometimes prompt me when there has been a patch and it wont allow me to login. I just tell it to allow the game and it lets me connect.

If your looking for a firewall here is a link to many and reviews for them. I use Sygate personal firewall but its no longer avail.
http://www.firewallg...om/software.htm

Edited by startechie, 28 May 2006 - 02:49 PM.

FuM

FuM

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
if ur running xfire uninstall it then reinstall theres a glitch with xfire that doesnt let you login to games it used to happen with me when i used steam and xfire