Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having Problems with New Game.... (Screen Freezes)

• Please log in to reply

Draken

Draken

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well my Comp is about 3 years old, and is coming down with problems... I just bought a brand new Game Called Heroes of Might and Magic 5, (my PC meets even the recommended requirements) but when i try to play the game, about 10 minutes into the game the Screen Freezes... by that i mean that my computer completely stops responding (can't even shut it DOWN!!!, even with Ctrl + Alt + Delete!!!), I have to turn it off with the on/off button thats connected to the computer case.... It just stops working and displays a colored Quilt-Like pattern and never works after that... Sometimes I can't even get the game to start up, it errors... i just bought it so i know it's not the CD's...

To reinterate myself, i really wanna play this game but it just isn't working and it's PROBABLY something wrong with Windows, that I can't think to fix.

I'm sure this topic has been posted before...

Thank you for your time,

Drake

Edited by Draken, 28 May 2006 - 03:42 PM.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello Draken and welcome to G2G!

What are your system specs?
What is the error message when it doesn't startup?
Do you have the latest hardware drivers installed?
Have you installed any new hardware/software?
Are there any errors in the system and application logs?

To view log files click start > control panel > administrative tools > event viewer. Look under system log and application log for items with red crosses.