Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

message upon start up

• Please log in to reply

ru2180

ru2180

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello,i hope you can help me when i start my computer up a message comes up saying (please wait while windows installs sonic activation module) it then changes to the feature you are trying to use is on cd rom or other removable disk that is not available insert sonic activation disk and click ok. to get rid of this i have to ctrl+alt+delete and end task how do i stop this please

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please ATTACH a hijackthis log (see signature)

ATTACH, do not post

ru2180

ru2180

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
this is the hijack log you requested i hope you can

....EDIT............

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I believe you have at least 1 malware infection, the myway search assistant. Please go to the malware forum and follow th instructions at the top, starting with

Click Here before posting a Hijack This log.

If the problem continues after a malware expert has cleared you, please return to this thread and post again.

ru2180

ru2180

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi. i have run a cleanup, adware se and ewido. is this okay now?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
and did you post a hijackthis log on THAT forum as per instructions in that post?