Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Hickups

• Please log in to reply

AMD 2400

AMD 2400

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I searched to see if anyone had already had this problem and i found one that was pretty close to mine. But it was of no use because it had no replies and it was made last year.
I wasnt sure where to post this so sorry if its in the wrong place.

While playing games my computer slows way down for a second then it will be just fine. It doesnt seem to do it randomly. Its like its on a timer.
I noticed it most while playing counterstrike.. because on there it freezes for a second and when it would unfreeze i would usually be dead lol.
I'm not sure if its related but need for speed freezes for a second whenever i select somthing. Be it pressing escape to save my game or going into a race.
recently diablo 2 has started slowing down then going back to normal.

In the other post i looked at the guy had a problem where his hd wasnt detected. Then when he was about to take it in to get looked at he tried it again and all was fine. My computer has done that to me too, its been awhile since thats happened though.
I'm not sure if thats relevent to my issue though.

Any ideas on what could cause this temporary slowdown/freeze in games?

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Considering they seem 'timed', this may be a malware issue. Malware isn't my piece of cake, but that seems to be one of the only things that I can think of that would freeze up a compy at certain intervals.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
could also be your anti virus running or some updater for one of your programs