Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mcafee updates

• Please log in to reply

imation

imation

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hey guys im wanting to no how to save all my mcafee updates to a dat file to reupdate my software . as im geting my internet cut of and would like to have my computer back up to date for when i get my net back on , any help with this would be great . cheers

Advertisements

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Hello imation,

If you update you McAfee definitions file right before your internet gets cut off and you run a full system scan, then there should be no need to update McAfee while cut off.

Just make sure what files, programs etc that you move to your PC are not infected.

"If you aint got an internet connection - then theres no way you can get a virus/trojan etc through the internet"

Reply if you need any more help :whistling:

imation

imation

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thx for ur reply m8 what im wanting to do is save all my mcafee update files to a cd im going to be formating this pc i no i wont have the net on when i format but it would be nice to have my antivirus ./firewall and all the rest of the stuff almost uptodate

Edited by imation, 31 May 2006 - 07:05 PM.

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Hello again,

What you would need to do is to backup your current virus definitions and burn them to a CD, but I am not sure as how to do this.

I will have a look around and see if I can find anything and I will post it here

:whistling:

imation

imation

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thats great m8 thx for your help on this