Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Key Ports, MSN, Norton

• Please log in to reply

xdramaqueenx

xdramaqueenx

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hey, I am very confused right now

out of nowhere one day msn stopped working, I could no longer log into hotmail, I cannot get into my other webmail acount, and some other pages keep showing as "page cannot be displayed"

now i believe this all happened when my norton stopped working, I had an expired version, I was using AVG as an anti virus, so then my AVG stopped being able to update and Norton stopped working all together showing a "setup error"

this error is making it so I cannot even uninstall norton from my computer...

my msn troubleshooter says that the problem is the key ports, I dont know if that has to do with my wireless internet settings, some hidden firewall, or how norton is messing up....i dont know if anyone can help, or even understands...but i would appreciate ANY suggestions becasue I am TOTALLY confused!!!!

thank you!

oh and if it helps, when i view the error report from norton it says:

Error signature
AppName: {a93c9e60-29b6-49da-ba21-f70ac6aade20}.exe AppVer: 8.0.2.5 ModName: ascompbr.dll
ModVer: 2005.1.2.6 Offset: 00009179

Edited by xdramaqueenx, 02 June 2006 - 01:15 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://service1.syma...004110107484113

xdramaqueenx

xdramaqueenx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
i cant seem to get that norton uninstall stuff to work...that is part of the problem, the websites wont load, and when they do norton says there is an error....

also, my system restore keeps turning itself off...

what is going on?!??!

thanks!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you use another PC to download this to disc, then load it onto the PC with connection difficulties

http://www.snapfiles...nsockxpfix.html