Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero 7 (Ulra, and Premiere)

• Please log in to reply

theBoar

theBoar

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hello,
I'm having a problem with my Nero 7. The program crashes ever time i try and use it. Specifically, when i try and transcode and burn video onto dvd using Nero Vision, i get a error message saying transcoding failed, and at time the program will even freeze. Somehow i dont think the problem is with the software itself, because i've used a few different versions of Nero 7 (Ultra and Premiere) and they've all had the same problem. Im guessing the problem is with my computer, maybe my registry. Can some help me fix this problem, i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Nero several time, but nothing!
Thanks!!
:whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you use the Nero clean up utility when uninstalling it?

Use add / remove to uninstall Nero

Items in blue which are underlined are clickable to give more information about the process

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete

Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then from system tools, run disc defragmenter.

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD and Windows File Protection will show a blue onscreen progress bar, when the bar goes, reboot

If you do not have an XP CD you can borrow a same version as was originally installed XP CD, if you downloaded SP2 then you need an SP1 XP CD

Click start then run, type chkdsk /f /r then press enter, type Y to confirm for next boot, press enter then reboot.

Windows will appear to load normally then either the monitor will show progress or the screen will go blank, do not disturb this.

This will take an hour or so before it gets to the desktop.

Download and install Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up Disc Clean Up

Run Tune Up Registry Clean Up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, which will take a few minutes and need a reboot. You should disable the antivirus programme to run this and check it is running after the reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Install Nero and reboot

Burn something but write to a folder you create on the drive , see how it does

theBoar

theBoar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
In your last sentence you wrote " ...write to a folder you create on the drive... ". Im not to sure what that means.

theBoar

theBoar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I just finished doing what you recommended, however it didn't work. When I re-installed Nero 7 all of my old options where still active. I still get the same errors aswells. What should i do about this?

theBoar

theBoar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Question... would you happen to know of any software that is equivalent to Nero 7. This issue is very frustrating and I would rather just use a different software all together. My main use for this program is to encode and burn .Avi and Mpeg movies onto dvd. I like Nero so much because I am able to customize my dvd menues a great deal. I've tried Roxio but didn't like it.
Know of any software that would suit me??

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Just before you click burn, click write to hard disc folder

[attachment=8787:attachment]

One of the files may be corrupt, when transcoding, there should be four sets of figures, if one stops counting, that is the file which is corrupt

The file would give problems with any application