Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

looking for new pc

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hey, im looking for a new pc, but want one that vista will run smoothly on when released, can anyone recommend any specs that i should look into, i.e ram, HDD size, processor and so on

thankyou in advance

also, if i get a new pc can i put my current 200 gig slave drive in it without loosing any of my data

crap....just realised this is in the wrong forum, can someone please move this

Edited by 0utlaw, 02 June 2006 - 08:13 PM.

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Heres some spec's.

Personally i would just double what microsoft says. You should have no problem slaving your drive in and transferring any data you want to save to your new drive. Then you could reformat the slave to gain the space win XP uses on the drive. A benefit of this is you also get rid of all the junk files off your old hard drive.