Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Changing Microphone Settings

• Please log in to reply

NocTeRnOsPiRiTeD

NocTeRnOsPiRiTeD

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I don't get why my microphone volume settings jump from the volume that I set on to either mute or the bar all the way down. Most of the time when I need to use the microphone, I need to go back to the volume settings and change it.

Then when I went to Control Panels > Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices > Speech > Train Profile to record my voice, usually when it gets to the second phrase I have to dictate into the microphone, the volume bar for microphone drops to the bottom. When I switch to that volume controls box, the bar automatically goes back to the top and the train profile box is paused. When i unpause it, the microphone volume bar goes all the way down, making me not able to complete the profile thing.

I just want to know why it's doing this, thanks!

Advertisements