Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware removal

• Please log in to reply

Phil H.

Phil H.

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Your Malware removal guide was right on the money. I went through it ste-by-step and cleared off hundreds of infected objects. There were still 108 left after the Panda scan. I then ran Spybot and it cleaned the rest (I think). I haven't had time to run Panda again.

Thanks for the help. I don't know why this all came to a head at this time but my machine was pretty badly crippled. It is nice to hear it inactive when it is supposed to be inactive. Before cleaning, I used to hear disk activity all the time when the system should have been idle.

Best regards,

Phil

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Thanks for taking the time to register and share your experience Phil. We know the majority of people that visit this site find help without ever having to make a post. It's always nice to hear about a successful conclusion! :whistling:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I just want to second Admin's sentiments.

If you run into any trouble getting all of it cleaned, or even just want one of us to "double check", we'd be more than happy to. :whistling: With a system as badly infected as that, it can sometimes be hard to determine if you got it all. I'd definitely make sure to run another Panda Scan, or even an Ewido if you haven't already.

You can always post a HijackThis log in the Malware forum if you'd like a second opinion. :blink:

Thanks again for taking time to post!