Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boot error

• Please log in to reply

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
The other day I accedentally tripped over my power cable and it came out of the wall outlet while my computer was running. When I tried turning it on again, it went through POST, checked the drives and PCI cards, then when it got to the OS load part, It gave me the message

Remove disks or other media.
Press any key to restart.

when I press any key, it just repeats the question. my computer specs are all in my profile.
Thanks for reading

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Try booting into safe mode and then do a system restore
Press F8 at boot up to get into safe mode

To run System Restore in safe mode
Access System Restore through Help and Support.
Follow the instructions on your screen.
Notes

To access the System Restore Wizard, click Start, and then click Help and Support. Click Performance and Maintenance, click Using System Restore to undo changes, and then click Run the System Restore Wizard.
While the computer is in safe mode, System Restore does not create any restore points. Therefore, you cannot undo a restoration that you performed when the computer was in safe mode.
You can use System Restore to restore your computer to any restore point while in safe mode. If you cannot start the computer in standard mode, you can use System Restore to restore to a time when you could start the computer without errors.
To restore to a time when your computer started without errors, select a restore point as close to the time you remember it last started without errors.
If System Restore is suspended because of insufficient disk space, you cannot enable it by making more disk space available while in safe mode. You must restart the computer in standard mode and make more disk space available.

Edited by austin_o, 03 June 2006 - 01:18 PM.

nixx

nixx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
I only get the option to go into BIOS and this Xpress recovery thing that gigibyte has but no other buttons do anything...

kanman

kanman

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
isnt that the error you get when trying to boot with a floppy disc in the drive.....

nixx

nixx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
That is one of the causes