Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Stalling

• Please log in to reply

demoon123

demoon123

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi I could do with some help with a serious problem with my computer.

It periodically stalls usually when playing music loud and opening more than one application (however this is not always the case as it sometimes stalls on booting up)

My computer has not been altered or upgraded recently and there are no viruses present. This problem has suddenly developed.

Initally it started with sounds stalling and the internet disabling at the same time and developed into the whole computer stalling when sounds stalled. Both my audio card and ethernet card are on my motherboard.

Its highly annoying, and I can't find any information on similar problems. Could anyone help please?

Dora.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi demoon123...

Let's look in Event Viewer. Click Start, then Run, type eventvwr.msc, and click "Ok".

Look under both "Applications" and "System" (in the left pane) and note any errors that occur at the same time as your system hangs. List any errors you find here for us.

wannabe1

demoon123

demoon123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
OK so under "application" there are no significant errors that occur together (its mainly sonic stage - which is a pile of crap anyway)

There is one warning message though that i dont undestand:
A provider, OffProv10, has been registered in the WMI namespace, Root\MSAPPS10, to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests.

Under "System" I have numerous errors under "Browser":
The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{3D3B457F-FA37-4C08-9094-CD8284AC3B9E}. The backup browser is stopping.

and warnings under "Browser":
The browser was unable to retrieve a list of servers from the browser master \\ANNIE on the network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{3D3B457F-FA37-4C08-9094-CD8284AC3B9E}. The data is the error code.

Errors under "System Error":
Error code 000000d1, parameter1 767cff32, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 767cff32.

I have errors under "MrxSmb":
The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer JAMES that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{3D3B457F-FA37-4C08-909. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.

I have errors under "Service Control Manager":
The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

I have warnings under "Dhcp":
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 6214089C20C2. The following error occurred:
The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

And warnings under "Server":
[i]The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{3D3B457F-FA37-4C08-9094-CD8284AC3B9E}.

I should add my computer is networked.