Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

any soccer fans out there

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
How many world class players in the clubs that you know are from the US, not many, there are alot of household names for football in Europe football is the primary sport here, when was the last time you heard of an American talked about like Ronhaldinio (cant spell) or Rooney, any of the big names i cant remember it and my dad and brother talk about football players all the time(drives me nuts, not a big sport watcher i prefer to go and play the sport over watching).

Ive also never heard of the concacaf gold cup its not on any of the major channels here that ive seen and football coverage is everywhere its hard to miss it.

Advertisements

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
concacaf gold cup??? whats that?
im both a fan of playing and watching, the good thing about watching you learn a lot, and u c new tricks and just somethiknk todo when outside to learn them

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
wow 6,302, thats a hole lot of posts :whistling:

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Link to concafa cup.

www.us.terra.com/goldcup2005/

I agree dudeja besides Brazil i love the watch Germany play.
There speed there technique and there strength truly amaze me.
Also agree great way to start world cup.

As far as warriorscott i can say that three of USA players are good enough to play on germany team
The most known would be Keller USA goal keeper he is one of the top three goal keepers in the world.
A couple of our player play on Englands team Manchester United and Reading if i recall right.

Your right none of them are quite like rondaldino.After world cup 2002 it was all Ronaldo but after what ronaldino did in Champions League he's a household name.He's also my all time favorite football player.

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
keller used 2 play 4 Tottenham right?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It is alot of posts and alot of typing, i suffer from football over saturation, i like watching it on occasion but there is to much of it here in the UK, i would rather go and play it every time it was on the telly than watch it every time, although i will watch games i know will be good.

Skills wise i dont learn that much because im not a footy player, my dad was which is why he liked it he was a semi pro when he was young but he got his leg snapped in two when he was 19 or 20 i think so for some reason i never saw the appeal of playing it all the time.

Brazil is good i do like to watch them play, the final game i tend to watch, any where there are big stakes are always going to encourage the best play, mind you sometimes the games against the greats can get pretty boring, ill often watch the lower ranked teams sometimes and youll see alot of indivual skill thats pretty amazing.

Looking at the team list there for the gold cup thing i can see why they won its hardly a big league of big hitters. Probably the reason it doesnt get any coverage here. I always thought Guatemala was a place in mexico.

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
i was looking at the gold cup website don't u think the team are a bit unfair?

Edited by dudeja, 09 June 2006 - 11:09 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Just a little.

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
It's the way FIFA is set up.The concafa cup takes place for america.
South America, North America, Latin America

I may seem like a soccer fan and in ways i am.
Got hooked watching 2002 world cup.

So like warrior scott i mainly watch teams i like and the finals.

I always thought Guatemala was a place in mexico.

:whistling:

No Mexico's neighbor actually located in latin america

Mexico located in North America

It's taking me forever to type this since i watch all games in spanish i keep wanting to type the country names in spanish and not english.Example Alemania=Germany

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
im 15 i got hooked watching football when i was like 13, i watched one of the premia league finals! it was a great match! :whistling:

Edited by dudeja, 09 June 2006 - 02:20 PM.

Advertisements

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
oh my god that game between USA and Czech was great.I had no idea how good Czech was.It was like watching the terminator play against Barney.Not looking good for USA.Next Italy.Anyway go USA

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
I've really gotta get this off my chest
Did anyone see Italy V Ghana? What the [bleep] was that referee on. That tackle in the 2nd half was discgraceful and what happeneed about it? NOTHING. Just because it was offside doesn't mean that the cheating B@#!"@%$ should get away with that.

And that dive at the end. Can't they play normally? I have to admit their goalie was ok but the amount of times they got tackled with no punishment was shocking, and all the yellow cards the referee was handing out to Italy?

I think they should get cameras or something soon because referees really aren't reliable. I think they're gonan destroy America and maybe beat Czehc but i have to admit that Czech are good.

Maybe second place? I hope for first or It's gonna be Italy V Brazil

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
I totally agree those tackle where senseless and called for red not yellow.Italy played great but i have to say that Ghana made them work for that win.At beginning i thought Germany and Brazil for sure final two. But now i don't even know Italy got a great team and dang the Czeck team were gladiators.Did you see how big those players were.WOW!!I can't wait to see the rest of the games.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
How 'bout the Aussies??? Oi, Oi, Oi!! :whistling: :help: :blink: Japan scored early in the game and then in the 84th minute Cahill scored for Aussie and five minutes later he scored again. Then we got another goal in extra time. What a great game 3-1 ... I was exhausted by the end.

The game finished at 1.00 am eastern Aussie time and I waited around for half an hour to cheer the US along. I was a little disappointed. I felt the US weren't aggressive enough in their attack. They kept kicking back while attacking - maybe the Czecks were just too good in defence ... I was disappointed, I really wanted the US to win!!! Think they'll have a hard time against Italy. It was a good game though and yes SCSANGELIA those Czecks were like gladiators!

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
go aussies