Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Internet Browsers are really slow..

• Please log in to reply

Powerslave

Powerslave

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
well.. i reformated my computer, and after that, now my internet browsers are really slow: such as Internet Explorer and Mozilla FireFox. it takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute to load up google.com. i have no clue how they could be running so slow when my computer is such a great computer with CABLE Hi-Speed Internet (Comcast). My internet was not so slow before I reformatted. It use to load up pages quick.

this IMAGE shows my computer specifications.

So can anyone help me with this issue?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Call your internet provider, this isn't supposed to happen on a fresh installation and it's entirely possible that there has been an outage or other issue with the provider in the time it takes to wipe the hard drive and reinstall.

What else have you installed besides Windows and the drivers?

Powerslave

Powerslave

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
never mind man. i contacted Comcast through LIVE Chat Support and all I had to do is reset my Modem and Router.

thanks. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Edited by Powerslave, 04 June 2006 - 06:40 PM.