Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email Newsletter Design?

• Please log in to reply

Trish

Trish

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hello. I am looking at creating a HTML email newsletter and sending it to about 300 people. I am just a little bit stumped on how to do this.

I have read on the internet that it is good to design the newsletters with HTML Tables and other things, however I do not know of any programs that I can create a HTML Newsletter in. I know my way around Dreamweaver fairly well and I though I could just create the newsletter in Dreaweaver and export or save it into an email. Even if I could find a way to edit the HTML in the email by hand.

Does anyone know how the professionals design their email newsletters??? You know the ones you get after subscribing to a certain list???? Is there a certain program that is good for this???? Can Dreamweaver even do it????

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Advertisements

tschrock

tschrock

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Newsletters are a great idea, especially when they are opt-in and very tightly targeted. One problem is that many email programs will now kill your URLs and strip away your images, so all of your hard HTML work may never get where it is going anyway.

I have found it easier to send a brief email to the recipients of a newsletter telling them in a sentence or two what is available in the newsletter and where to go view it on our website. This way, you are driving additional traffic to your site and you can see how many people are responding to your newsletter by looking at your web stats.

Trish

Trish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Thanks for your reply. I understand that email programs are hard to predict, but I still want to have a HTML newsletter. I will have a link at the top of the page (taking them to my webpage) in case the users cannot view the email.

So anyone know of any programs that can generate email newsletters????????

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Good article on newsletter design here: http://www.thinkvita...ign/html-emails

PHPList is a decent open source email script: http://tincan.co.uk/phplist

I'd really recommend you use a third party to send the emails. Microsoft's List Builder is one of many: http://www.microsoft...er/starter.mspx