Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can not view internet pages

• Please log in to reply

florika

florika

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hallo,
I have a problem with my connection.Although I can connect to the Internet, I can not view any page either with Internet explorer, Firefox or download any updates for spyware programmes.
My Norton av expired,removed it I and then installed nod32. That could not be installed properly and then I started having problems.Ever since, I deleted all files I can find either from norton or eset and still can not see anything.
I have cleaned cache, reset internet options and nothing helps.
Also i found these running in my system.Do you think these can have something to do with my problem?

E_S10IC2.EXE
ctfmon.exe
SAgent2.exe
wdfmgr.exe
MDDiskProtect.exe
I also have attached the exact file, showing the programmes in my pc.
Any suggestions appreciated Attached File  Doc1.doc   82KB   19 downloads

Advertisements

Hawaiantom

Hawaiantom

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hi,

The first 4 programs on your list look fine. The last one is a program that let you make cds and disks that can work in a MAC. It seems from what I have read this program has some spyware attached to it. I would ask the maleware guys to be sure. After you get a clean bill of health from those guys we can move along and get your internet back up and running. Start here and Follow the instructions then I you if still have a problem they can walk you thur the rest. Start here

Thanks

Tom

Doktor_Ivan

Doktor_Ivan

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I fixed a similar problem today. I was able to ping other computers but could not access the web.
Only after jumping through a bunch of hoops and messing with it for about 3 hours, the customer told me she removed Norton before this started. Turns out that Norton AV 2003 did not complete the uninstall correctly.

First thing to try is to go to the How To forum, there is a article with a link in there to the removal tool. "How to remove Symantec and Norton products".

The ActiveX removal did not work for me, so I had to use the manual removal, the symantec has great instructions for that though.

What is the abbreviation nod32, if that is a firewall and it failed on the install, that is going to disable your connection too.

florika

florika

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
thank you for ur answers.I deleted all entries fromregistry regarding norton and nod32 files, reinstalled latest trial of nod 32 and after it deleted multiple trojans, I managed to connect to internet again.