Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing file names!

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
whenever i open up one of my folders, the names of the files and subfolders dont show up. its only in this single folder though... when i go into a subfolder of that folder everything is fine. Any other folders on my computer work like normal also. And I only have this problem in thumbnail view. Is there anything that I can do tho fix this?!?! Its driving me nuts because thats the folder that i use the most!!

Any help's appriciated
Thanks

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
In order to properly diuagnose your problem, we need to know more. What folder? What files do you expect to see? What kind of files are these.

Can you give an example of a file you know is there that is not showing, giving the complete file name?

Your post is akin to calling a car mechanic on the phone and saying my car will not start. How can I make it go? Oh, by the way, it is a blue car.

More information is always going to yield a better result than bad information. Please, help up to help you

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
aight... its the folder where i usually download everything that i download. Its called my dowloads. (creative eh?) it wont show me any names for any files or subfolders at all. but when i go into the subfolder its ok there.it wont show movie fille names, picture file names, installation names nothing. It shows the thumbnail and i can manipulate the fine just like normal but it just wont show the names. if i hover the cursor over any file though it dies give the little info popup. ive tried everything.... if you need any more info just holler.

Thanks

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
what is the significance of 214?

What if you move a file out of there? Does the name show?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
yea it does

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
what is the significance of 214?

Open MY COMPUTER, then go to TOOLS > FOLDER OPTIONS > VIEW

click RESET ALL FOLDERS BUTTON

now open that folder again...fix?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
yup! everything all good here! thanks man.