Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email transfer

• Please log in to reply

Deana1968

Deana1968

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I need to transfer microsoft outlook emails onto another computer. There are over a thousand to transfer. I haven't the slightest idea on how to do this. :whistling:

Advertisements

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
what email thing are u using? such as yahoo..etc

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
edited

Edited by daniel_c, 06 June 2006 - 01:19 AM.

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
edited

Edited by daniel_c, 06 June 2006 - 01:19 AM.

rstones12

rstones12

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 3,731 posts
What version of outlook are you using?

You will be able to save your .pst files by doing an export then importing them back into your Outlook.

These two links should help, assuming you are using Outlook 2002 or 2003

http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/assistance/ha011030811033.aspx

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=287070

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If you meant to type "Outlook Express", which comes with XP, (Outlook is a separate application that comes with MS Office) post back, because the directions are different. If not, ignore this post.

Johanna

Deana1968

Deana1968

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

If you meant to type "Outlook Express", which comes with XP, (Outlook is a separate application that comes with MS Office) post back, because the directions are different. If not, ignore this post.

Johanna

I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 I had burned a cd but it won't let me open the files. Says access denied. I tried clearing the read only button but wont let me

Deana1968

Deana1968

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Johanna

I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 I had burned a cd but it won't let me open the files. Says access denied. I tried clearing the read only button but wont let me

I HAVE IT FIXED!!!!! THANK YOU ALL ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!! :whistling: :blink: :help: :)