Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN Premium software by Verizon DLS

• Please log in to reply

kevinarnold2

kevinarnold2

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Everytime I try to install the MSN Premium software provided by Verizon DSL, it give me an error that states I am dis-connected from the internet (which I am not) and if I keep having issues to call customer support. It has a number (235) in the lower left hand corner. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get the install to proceed?

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
Have you called Verizon about the problem?

kevinarnold2

kevinarnold2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yes, they were of no help. They stated that they were unaware of any software issues. They want me to re-install Windows and I told them I didn't tihnk that was necessary. I turned off all virus software, firewalls, etc. Nothing worked. I even cleaned the registry and all temp files. Funny thing, is MSN used to be on the computer, then I removed it a few months ago. Now, I want to re-install and here I am.

zywex

zywex

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
heh; i c. we told you to reinstall windows for an msn issue? wow...

did you get any error codes or did you just sit at the registration server wheel spinning thing?

kevinarnold2

kevinarnold2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The installer never started. The first window comes up and states that I am not connected to the internet and I should check my connection. I am connected and every other program works, but the installer. It also says in the same window that if I continue to get this error I should contact "customer service". In the lower left hand window of this message is the number "235." I have to click OK and everything terminates from there.

zywex

zywex

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
hmm...never ran into that particular problem b4...

id be assuming you have all firewalls turned off (including the windows firewall) and are suffiecntly sure your system is clean is spyware.

also, do you have decent browsing speed and decent ping times or hows that looking?

kevinarnold2

kevinarnold2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yup, all firewalls are off and I routinely clean my computer from all adware and spyware. I have great connectivitiy and every site I ping returns in the green. Everything on my laptop is working fine except this dumb installation. Could it be a registry issue? That is what keeps coming up in my mind.

zywex

zywex

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
any results from that?

kevinarnold2

kevinarnold2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yes, we (MSN tech support and I) found out that my company installed Trend Micro's OfficeScan and this software is not allowing certain ActiveX programs run. It does this as a default and there is no way to change it unless I un-install the software (which I cannot do). So, I am stuck minus the MSN Premium software.