Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet explorer

• Please log in to reply

thecranes

thecranes

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i have explorer version 7 and it was working fine till approx 4.30 today. I closed down a game that i was playing and then tried to log onto hotmail - but get the page cannot be displayed screen.

I have tried resetting everything to default settings and going to a restore point but this hasn't helped. I have also virus and spyware checked the PC.

Hotmail is coming up sometimes but others just nothing. I can't get onto the microsoft site to download explorer again.

I also had a problem with google but that appears to be working again - initially it took me to a different site completely!!

I just tried ebay and thats playing up too!

Can anyone suggets anything please?!

Thanks

Chris

Advertisements

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Are you in the UK by any chance?

Im having the same problem with ebay - it isnt loading up properly and some sites "cant be found".

This has happened to me a while back and I just left it for a few hours - nearly a day and then it was alright again.

thecranes

thecranes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi yes i am in the uk - i left the pc overnight and everything seems ok again - there was one page on google that i couldnt access, but all the ones i was having probs with yesterday are ok again ... veery odd!!

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Are you with NTL by any chance as well??

thecranes

thecranes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
no i am with tesco broadband ( i think they may be the same people though!!) ... have used the net quite a lot today and its all fine again now

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Ohh klkl, The problem your having happens some times but are not very frequent. It happened to me last night as well :whistling:

Well if it is all OK again then you know what to do if it happens again :blink: