Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Qurb Program

• Please log in to reply

nondaj

nondaj

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Had discovered that by using anti-spam on my Trend Mirco AV program, I could not embed anything in my emails. So turned it off to try another anti-spam program. Qurb was highly rated in PC magazine so downloaded a free demo to try. Did not care for it so have tried twice now to uninstall - once by windows add/remove and second by the program's uninstall. Both give messages that the uninstall was successful. BUT the program remains on my PC and interfers with my email program.

I tried manually uninstalling the files but again the program will not allow that. I hate programs that get onto one's PC and then you cannot get rid of them. Have tried the website for help but they have yet to answer.

Am using a new Dell XPS 400 Dimension - Windows XP-Pro SP2.

Anyone here have any tips, idea, suggestions how to get rid of this program? :whistling:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
please ATTACH a hijackthis log so we can see where it is starting up from

ATTACH, not post

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
This will be my first hijack use so want to do it right - how do I attach and not post my hijack log?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Start HIJACK With the SAVE LOG FILE option

When it opens in NOTEPAD, choose File > SAVE AS

hijack.txt

Press ADD REPLY, then go down to attachments, browse to hijaclthis.txt, then click attach

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Attached File  hijackthis.txt   4.39KB   83 downloads here it is hope I did it correctly.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
PERFECT!

Now, in hijackthis, put a checkmark infront of

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QOELOADER] "C:\Program files\Qurb\QSP-3.0.311.7\QOELoader.exe"

Click the FIX button on the bottom left.

Reboot.

This will stop it from loading at startup--you can then delete it manually

Note: when you delete programs manually, there are often little bits left behind. These are generally harmless, and are only taking up space, but watch for systeminstability...I do not expect anything from this one

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
It worked like a charm! No more closing window after window when I use e-mails - all files are gone!

Bless this site and thank you so much.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
:whistling: