Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wont boot up all the way

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

smitty777

smitty777

• Pip
  • 4 posts
win xp pro;when i restart or boot.. window will stop half way through..i have to press f1 to make it go..how and where do i fix that....i try reloading xp back in..i crash computer(reload xp)....i took the disk and put it in a second computer i have and it work fine..(no updates)lol..................same computer..my screen shut down in 5 minutes.but my computer runs top speed all the time..how and where in BIO you set the setting?the motherboard is;chaintech ct-7njl6(A socket)..with a AMD SEMPRON 3000+...........THANK YOU

Advertisements

Cwhywaitgetchad

Cwhywaitgetchad

• Pip
  • 2 posts
well, this dose not sound all that good...

The first thing i would do, find the cmos jumper (found in the mother board quick quide, or manual) and use that to clear all settings. Next i would reset time and date (other wise windows will get annoyed) and see if that works... If not, i would start swapping out all the parts i could to find the cause.... We already know that it is not the instalation or the disk...

Just a thought what kind of power supply do you have? if your power supply is not putting out enough power anymore, your computer could start, but windows might crash do to a lack of power.

This link should help you, if you have your manual, it lists useful pages
http://hardware.mcse...sage264390.html

Chad
Chads computers

Please do not include an e-mail address in any post as it could lead to more contact than you intended

Edited by Keith, 07 June 2006 - 01:34 AM.

Krishna Tatavarthy

Krishna Tatavarthy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Please check with your system Battery. If you still find the same error after replacing the system battery. Please do clean your RAM.
If the above mentioned steps are done you need not press F1 hereafter. The system will boot successfully without any error.

Thanks & Regards
Krishna Tatavarthy

smitty777

smitty777

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi again......the motherboard i just put it in when i built the computer.(6 months ago)...i tried a new battery and clean my ram and temp...defrag......still the same....i even try taking the jumpers off board-cmos and cpu.................my winxp pro;the same disk is on my 3 computers i built.so micorsoft isn't letting me update and calling it a boot leg window now..

smitty777

smitty777

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
the power supply is new (6 MONTH OLD)...JUST PC (USA)INC...425W.....3-ULTRA 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHZ CL3.....ASUS CD.......ASUS DVD.....MAXTOR 120GB AND A 40GB.......ULTRA COPPER BASE FAN XP3000+........AMD SEMPRON 3000+ SOCKET A cpu...

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
windows is calling it a bootleg copy because it is one.

One install per cd-key is the legal entitlement.

I'm sorry but we cannot help people with pirated copies of windows, even when you likely were not aware this was an issue