Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem opening new windows on IE 6.0

• Please log in to reply

Christopher J

Christopher J

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Everyone, I am having a problem opening new windows in IE 6.0, on a pc running XP Professional with SP2, but this new issue seems to be exclusive to my Yahoo email account. Prior to a week ago I had no problem opening multiple new windows (typically 10-12) when checking my email. Now, when I open new windows, all but the first opens back to the Yahoo welcome page of my email account. I've brought this problem to Yahoo's online support, but, naturally, they were of no assistance and referred me to IE Help. Is there something to be done about this? The latest update I have is the IE fix from the 5th of this month, number: 867282 Three weeks ago I installed Norton Internet Security 2005, could it be one of this software’s settings that I may have overlooked?

I’ve tried simply restoring IE defaults, including, under “Advanced Options” turning-off “Reuse windows for launching shortcuts”…neither resolved the issue.

Yesterday, I spent time with a Symantec Tech online, and they tried many adjustments to my settings, including having me dl 2 additional browsers to learn if the issue was created in those, as well. I dl both Netscape and Firefox, and the Yahoo issue was identical, still Yahoo ignores the problem and refers me instead, to Microsoft’s IE browser. I don’t really think it’s IE but, if anyone could assist, I’d appreciate it very much. Thank you, for your attention. CJ

Advertisements

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
To find out if it is Norton Anti Virus just runa system restore. START>PROGRAMMES>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS> SYSTEM RESTORE.

But be careful - Norton are not fans of reinstalations. (I've had some problems!)