Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Primary Hard Drive Disk 0 Not found

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell 8200 Dimension Desktop computer and recently the hard drive went bad. It was a Western Digital WD 600 60 GB. So I bought a brand new hard drive and it is a Hitachi 82.3 GB. I installed it and the screen is telling me Primary Hard Drive 0 not found. Any suggestions on why this is showing up.

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Check the jumper settings. Be sure the drive is set to MASTER, or CABLE SELECT

double check that the IDE cables are firmly seated in both the hard drive slot and the one on the motherboard, things can get loose accidentally.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi latech20...

Have you run the setup disk or diagnotics that should have come with the new drive?