Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dreamweaver 8

• Please log in to reply

kurtm

kurtm

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I can't seem to get Dreamweaver to preview pages by pressing the preview button in the program(inserting the mark of the web didn't help). Also I am having problems getting Dreamweaver to align it's rendering to Internet Explorer. My page looks identical in firefox but more than 1/2 an inch off in IE.
Any suggestions would be great!

Advertisements

adamdillon

adamdillon

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Paste your code on here. I might be able to help.

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
dreamweaver preview doesn't render the same way as IE, so you shouldn't use it to judge the look of ur page in IE- rather take the time to open ur file with IE itself

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Try the page views in IE 7 (if you feel comfortable using Beta programs) as compared to Firefox. I'm anxious to see if IE 7.0 is meeting the new CSS3 standards or at least the CSS2 standards. I can't do this at this time as I do not have 'Net access with my own PC and it would confuse my sister no end with IE 7.0. :whistling:

I use DW 8 and always have to go in to edit code for both browsers to find the right code for workarounds. Never get it exactly right. The Preview for which browser you want to use has to be set in Dreamweaver's Options.

Ron

geezer13

geezer13

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
:help:

Try the page views in IE 7 (if you feel comfortable using Beta programs) as compared to Firefox. I'm anxious to see if IE 7.0 is meeting the new CSS3 standards or at least the CSS2 standards. I can't do this at this time as I do not have 'Net access with my own PC and it would confuse my sister no end with IE 7.0. :)

I use DW 8 and always have to go in to edit code for both browsers to find the right code for workarounds. Never get it exactly right. The Preview for which browser you want to use has to be set in Dreamweaver's Options.

Ron

I wouldnt recommend that. (Using IE7). Not whilst its still a BETA anyway. I was using it but when you click on preview in DW, It sometimes closes IE altogether :whistling: meaning all the other pages you have open, even other tabs, all close. I was writing a post one time in another forum and that happened and I had been typing for quite sometime!! [bleep] fing! :blink:

Nope... stick with IE6 for now I think. As for Firefoz, I havn' tried that yet..Im scared of change :woot:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
It has always been advised in this forum not to use Beta programs on your primary machine and not to use them period if you feel uncomfortable with Beta programs, which I mentioned and have received no questions about it.

On my own new Dell with DW 8 and IE 7, I have had no problems to date. I have everything backed up on a flash drive, make a restore point before installing any new program, and try to make my machine mess up. :whistling:

Considering the follow up in this forum alone on IE 7.0 installs/uninstalls, I agree that under no circumstances use IE 7.0 until it comes out of Beta. Even Beta 3 is having conflicts with other software, but that is not IE 7's fault. Manufactuers are having to play catch up correcting compatibility problems with IE 7. Hopefully, this will mean their software will also work with Vista.

Ron