Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

netgear and belkin networking

• Please log in to reply

oner

oner

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i had a netgear ata router attached to my computermy cable modem connected into it and then a lan cable connected this to my computer i was using this so i could use my voip which it is configured for. i then bought a belkin 802.11g wireless router i took the lan cable from the back of my computer and plugged it into the internet port on the back and then a lan cable from this to my computer it would not work. basically if i set each up on there own they work but i cant have them both working at the same time

need help please

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it's not in your best interest to have two router's in line with each other as you're describing...it's pretty much useless to do such a thing...but it can be done if you absolutely want to do this...your best option would be to choose one router or the other not both (obviously you're wanting wireless so go with that one) if you're ABSOLUTELY dead set on having the two routers...you'll need to get a crossover cable to connect them

oner

oner

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i need to use both of them if i just use the wireless one i can not use the voip that i have paid for, what is the cross over cable you mentioned