Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bootup error because of Motherboard?

• Please log in to reply

Saraph345

Saraph345

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ive recently put together a new system. Im using a ABIT SG-80 board. Everything is connected properly, Ive double checked this (maybe triple checked). However when I boot it goes through its normal sequence to where it should be loading up the windows login. Instead I get a blue screen of death which in gyst tells me theres a problem with my harddrive. This harddrive works on other computers in my house however.

The stop error i end up getting is:
Stop 0x0000007B

:whistling:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Your stop error is listed at http://www.geekstogo...des-t43519.html
Take a look and see if this helps.

Saraph345

Saraph345

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the help.

Ive tried the resolutions in the topic you linked to me to no avail. Would this mean that this motherboard is having a hardware malfunction and i would have to return it?

Thank you for your help so far.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Did you perform a fresh installation of windows on that drive in that system or was windows pre-installed on the drive under another computer & you then transferred the drive into the new system?

Saraph345

Saraph345

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It was not a fresh install.

Id also like to comment that i attempted to boot from floppy but i received another error.

\biosinfo.inf could not be loaded. The error code is 4096

Edited by Saraph345, 08 June 2006 - 09:27 PM.

Saraph345

Saraph345

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Sorry for double posting but thanks that was the issue.

Someone had told me that you could swap XP drives in and out but that definetly wasnt the case!

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Unfortunately transfering a drive into another system & expecting Windows to cope with updating every single driver required by the new hardware, rarely ever works smoothly. Even when it does appear to work, it can often result in a buggy install. In the long run, it's safer & often quicker just to wipe the drive & start again.