Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building a new system and having troubles...please help!

• Please log in to reply

Arizona

Arizona

• Pip
  • 9 posts
So...my old case had a PSU burnout so I went and bought an Ultra Aluminus case. After I trasferred everything over my system didn't start up. I figured that when the PSU went it shorted my board so I got a new Abit UL8 with Athlon 64 3200. Now I having even more troubles with this new MB and I suspect that there may not be anything wrong with my old one. All of the fans turn on but nothing else. There doesn't seem to be any heat coming from the CPU. I stripped it down to just MB, CPU and fan, 2 ddr 512 ram, GeForce FX5600 128 MB video card and I can't get it to post or bios. I've got a 550 W PSU brand new pushing the whole thing. At this moment I've taken out the MB battery and moved the CMOS pins to clear for 10 minutes. When I disconnect the IDE cables for hard drive, burner and DVD they turn on but when they are connected to the MB they do not run...I'm at a lost. Please help!!

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Here is a new build troubleshooting guide. Works through it and see if you can solve the problem: http://www.geekstogo...ems-t28727.html