Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My PC power will not turn on

• Please log in to reply

roses21

roses21

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[color=#FF0000] :whistling: I REVIEW MOST OF THE OTHER ISSUES BUT I WASNT FINDING THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTIONS I WANTED. About 2 - 3 months ago, I install a NIC. My pc was working fine up until 2 weeks ago. I have several PC's so I'm not on this as much but I do Have a lot of my saved work on here. I went to turn on my pc and when it started up it said no keyboard found or install. I tried 2 other keyboards that I know work and the power wasnt coming on on the keyboard. So thinking that my keyboard port went out.... about 1 week later I went to get a wireless/usb keyboard. I went to turn on the power of my pc and the power wouldnt come on. So this time I thought it could have been my power supply, so I replace the power supply. The only thing that I got on the pc was a flick of a power light (less then a sec.). The power fan isnt moving or the MB fan isnt moving. I do know that the power works on the old Power supply and the new one b/c when I plug it in the lights in my house dim a little and then goes bright. With the new power supply installed I unplugged all the drives. Anything that uses power I unplugged. Still No power and I didnt see a flash of the power light anymore from this point. I reseated everything and put my old power supply back in seeing that nothing was wrong with it.... Still no power. I did a little research on e machines and found that a lot of ppl who has e machines pc has this same problem. What else can I check to see if something failed and thats why my power want start? Could it be the MB stopped working? I want to make sure before I bought another one thats compat to e machines and the devices? All I can give you right now is my model of the pc b/c I'm at work right now.... E machanie w1500... here the pc descript.

CPU: AMD Athlon™ XP Processor 1600+ (1.40GHz) with QuantiSpeed™ architecture
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition2
Monitor Bundle: eMachines 15" eView™ 15w Monitor
(13.8" Viewable, 0.28mm dot pitch)
Chipset: VIA KM 266
Memory: 128MB DDR
Hard Drive: 40GB HDD
Optical Drives: 24x Max. CD-RW Drive;
3.5" 1.44MB FDD
Video: S3 ProSavage8 (integrated)
(1 AGP slot available for upgrade)
Sound: Avance Logic ALC201
Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem
Peripherals: Keyboard, Wheel Mouse, Amplified Speakers
Ports/Other: 4 USB ports (2 on front), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Audio In & Out, MIDI/Game port, Mic & Head Phone jack on front, 3 PCI slots (2 available)
Dimensions: 7.25" W x 14.125" H x 16" D

I appreciate any help I can get :blink:

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well first off it sounds like you may have power issues in your location... You may want to consider a UPS to smooth out the power your computer is recieving. Having said that, it's very possible that your motherboard went out. IF you are not getting clean power that can cause all kinds of problems and I've replaced MANY emachine motherboards.... I would consider using the new power supply as well... if the old setup was surged it could be that your power supply has taken damaged....

Butcherboy

Butcherboy

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi roses21 and welcome to Geeks forums. My friend's computer(Emachine T2824) stop working the same way, I tested power supply and it worked but when i tested motherboard, it was dead. I dont know if the same result applies to you. If you dont have a Power Supply tester, i would recommend either buy one($14.95-$29.99) or test it on a different computer.

One more thing, if you really, really need that saved work you have in the hard drive, take the hard drive out, set it as slave to one of your hard drives in your computer and back up the file(s) you need. If you havent done this and you need help, post back. I dont know if im allow to help yet. :whistling: , if im, I will gladly do it ..

roses21

roses21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks guys, I will try that later tonite and see what I will get

Sandra
aka
roses21 :whistling: